Subject: Re: reached select() limit

Re: reached select() limit

From: Zan Lynx <zlynx_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:57:57 -0700

On 02/01/2017 05:32 AM, eugeny gladkih wrote:

>> I would certainly not assume that I can just redefine FD_SETSIZE without
>> double-checking.
>>

> that was a piece of production code. it works well.

Well yes I am sure it does. In Solaris.

I looked at glibc select() code just now and it doesn't even use
FD_SETSIZE to define the structures, so redefining it would be useless.
The actual value glibc uses is __FD_SETSIZE which is hard coded in
bits/typesizes.h and I don't see how you could get at it to change it.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil