Subject: Re: Release coming up!

Re: Release coming up!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:30:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016, Brad House wrote:

>> The 'ares_socklen_t' seems to be a particular problem in the current
>> ares_build.h file that sticks out. How does your suggested replacement look
>> for that that?
>
> Can you elaborate? CARES_SIZEOF_ARES_SOCKLEN_T was completely unused by any
> logic what-so-ever, so I simply got rid of it. Is that what you're asking
> about?

The things I'm concerned about are the details that are gemerated in
ares_build.h that are used in the public API/ABI.

The 'ares_socket_t' type is one of those things. If we don't figure out that
one at build-time, we need to add #ifdef magic in the public header that can
replace what the configure script does to figure out the type.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se