Subject: Re: Release coming up!

Re: Release coming up!

From: David Drysdale via c-ares <c-ares_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 10:42:29 +0100

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM, David Drysdale <drysdale_at_google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I think it is about time to bring the band back together and do another
>> c-ares release! I don't have a date just yet, this is just a wake-up call.
>>
>> So, if you have stuff to merge before we ship anything please bring it
>> back up on the table and let's see what we can do.
>

> There's two from me that I'd be interested to get discussion on:
>
> - Change to initialization error behaviour:
> https://github.com/c-ares/c-ares/issues/60,
> https://github.com/c-ares/c-ares/pull/61
>
> - Add an option to force no-rotation of name servers:
> https://github.com/c-ares/c-ares/pull/48

[Both merged; thanks for taking a look]

One other thing to revisit: it would be good to get AppVeyor builds set up for
the official GitHub repo, so we get more Windows coverage. I don't think
I've got the relevant permissions, so this probably needs Daniel to investigate.

(I do have AppVeyor set up for my fork [1], so any Windows problems should
get spotted at some point, but something that triggers off pull requests etc.
would obviously be better.)

[1] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/daviddrysdale/c-ares