Subject: Re: arestest segfaults for me

Re: arestest segfaults for me

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:38:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016, David Drysdale wrote:

> Is that just with valgrind, or are there problems with a normal run too?

Ah sorry for being unclear: no it crashes in normal runs as well which is why
I decided to try valgrind on it to see what it says.

When I run 'make test' the end of my test-suite.log contains:

[ RUN ] Modes/DefaultChannelModeTest.LiveGetHostByAddrFailAlloc/2
[ OK ] Modes/DefaultChannelModeTest.LiveGetHostByAddrFailAlloc/2 (0 ms)
[ RUN ] Modes/DefaultChannelModeTest.LiveGetHostByAddrFailAlloc/3
[ OK ] Modes/DefaultChannelModeTest.LiveGetHostByAddrFailAlloc/3 (1 ms)
[----------] 40 tests from Modes/DefaultChannelModeTest (81 ms total)

[----------] 112 tests from AddressFamilies/MockChannelTest
[ RUN ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTest.Basic/0
FAIL arestest (exit status: 139)

> (The continuous builds were fine at commit a5b2e99207fd12 (
> https://travis-ci.org/c-ares/c-ares/builds/153926206), but they use ASAN for
> memory checking rather than valgrind.)

Yeah, that makes this even more curious as I don't think I run anything very
special. I'm on 64bit Debian Linux unstable. kernel 4.5.0, glibc 2.24, gcc/g++
6.20, valgrind-3.12.0.SVN

And the gmock code is bundled in the source tree so it should be the same!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se