Subject: Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:31:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, David Drysdale wrote:

> I kind of assumed you wouldn't want to distribute the test suite; OTOH
> verifying an install with it would be helpful.

Yes, I generally believe in shipping "everything" so that tarball users can do
virtually all the same things as git users can. And we want users to be able
to write tests and provide new tests even when they build c-ares from
tarballs.

> The tests are also less portable than the core library, so I imagine that
> running on multiple architectures will probably uncover some problems -- let
> me know if so.

Right, and I'm sure we'll be told about such problems loud and clear =)

--
  / daniel.haxx.se