Subject: Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:04:51 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016, Brad House wrote:

> I also ran across this patch which may be useful when not using select() or
> poll() to monitor the file descriptors, but rather epoll() in EPOLLET mode
> (Edge Triggered), or using FreeBSD kqueue()'s which are always edge
> triggered: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.dns.c-ares/965

> I haven't yet attempted to try the patch myself, but probably will in the
> next week or two as I'm in the process of integrating c-ares into an epoll()
> and kqueue() event based system.

It seems it needs to be rebased to apply on the current code, but I would love
to get some feedback on how it actually performs!

And an advice to anyone who wants to push for a patch to get merged into
c-ares master: don't just throw it in here and vanish. Please stick around and
argue for the inclusion and do remind us if we haven't seemed to responded to
an issue for a while. We're just a little slow at times and if nobody seems to
really want a patch, there's no harm in us dropping it...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se