Subject: Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

From: David Drysdale <drysdale_at_google.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:27:36 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2016, Gregor Jasny wrote:
>
>> Would it make sense to create a new release?
>

> Yes it would!
>
> There have been a bunch of patches flying around that I personally haven't paid much attention to. Is there anything important we should make sure to get done before we ship ?

It would be nice to sort out the status of the test suite before
shipping a new version, as I've got:
 - various API changes to allow for easier testability
 - a collection of (mostly small) bug fixes that the tests have uncovered.

None of the changes are in the master repo, as I wanted to get an OK
from someone other than me before committing (and a couple of the
changes could probably do with a bit of discussion).