Subject: Re: 'c-ares' for 64-bit Windows application?

Re: 'c-ares' for 64-bit Windows application?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald_at_wireshark.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:44:34 -0700

On 10/21/14 4:39 AM, Vinay Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using 'c-ares' for our application on Windows. Our application is
> 64-bit executable, for Windows platform.
> Is 'c-ares' supported for 64-bit Windows application(As I could see
> README.msvc explains only about building for WIN32)? If yes, what
> modifications are required in Makfile.msvc to build 'c-ares' libraries
> for 64-bit on Windows?

It works for us (Wireshark) via MinGW. C-ares is part of the openSUSE
Build Service windows:mingw project. We use its packages to create
Visual C++-compatible import libraries using Visual C++'s "lib" utility.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/windows:mingw:win64/mingw64-libcares2

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark-win64-libs/trunk/packages/