Subject: Re: Patch for fixing the slow DNS lookup issue

Re: Patch for fixing the slow DNS lookup issue

From: Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:13:13 +0200

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:50:47AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014, David Drysdale wrote:
>
> >Pushed. Hopefully it might help a bit.
>
> Speaking of that, we have three old pull requests pending:
>
> https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/pulls

https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/pull/16 - I will ask my RH colleagues
about this. There is an effort around DNSSEC in Red Hat development now,
but I admit my DNSSEC knowledge is very limited, so I don't feel
qualified for a review. As a general note, this should be discussed with
the libc folks at the libc-alpha list.

https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/pull/17 - This one requires Windows..

https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/pull/18 - I don't like this one tbh,
there are platforms that don't have socklen_t (old Solaris, old HP-UX).
Because I don't have access to either of these, I can't test the patch,
but the text at the bottom of "man 2 accept" seems to suggest we might
break these old platforms..