Subject: Re: Patch for fixing the slow DNS lookup issue

Re: Patch for fixing the slow DNS lookup issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:29:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 May 2014, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> I can't comment on the patch contents myself at all, because I'm not a
> Windows developer, but I guess it would be easier for others to review if
> the patch was a git-formatted one or a github pull request since c-ares uses
> git and github anyway.

I generally discourage github pull requests simply because it then only alerts
those who subscribe to those on github (and it isn't easy for us to tell who
got it or care about it) and it doesn't send the patch here for review.

It is a bit tricky how to handle these sorts of patches that don't get any
review/use from more than the submitter. I have no good solution for that, but
I've applied such patches in the past only based on how they look.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se