Subject: reminder: there's no I in team

reminder: there's no I in team

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:09:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

It's been a very long time since I last mentioned this but I want to repeat
that for me, c-ares is not a top priority project and it hasn't been for
years.

To get your patches merged into c-ares I *strongly* urge you to get someone
else than me to (also) review and vouch for your changes. We get FAR too many
single-shot patches sent here or to me personally with a change that the
author seems to assume I will review and merge on my own.

I (personally) basically ignore all patches that aren't sent to the list, but
also stuff that are posted here but that don't get discussed or get positive
feedback from other users/readers I often not even get to either.

The only reason I haven't completely abandoned c-ares is because I still want
it to be around and we still have some amount of users, even projects I care
about.

I'm willing to stick around and I can certainly merge patches, voice my
opinion on things and I can produce releases when there's a need. But I will
not be the only person to do things, since then those things simply won't get
done.

Persons who provide more than one good patch and who perform more than one
good review will be accepted as "collaborators" in the project and thus be
given push rights.

All comments or suggestions to improve the situation are welcome.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se