Subject: Re: Resolving names without dns-suffix on windows

Re: Resolving names without dns-suffix on windows

From: René Berber <r.berber_at_computer.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:00:14 -0500

On 6/19/2013 11:08 AM, Maxim Ruban wrote:

> I think, it would be good on windows platform to initialize domains list
> with results of GetAdaptersAddresses call (DnsSuffix field in
> IP_ADAPTER_ADDRESSES structure)
> if no domains were deduced from LOCALDOMAIN or gethostname.

A long time ago I proposed a patch to solve a similar problem, I don't
remember what happened but my patch is not used.

I been using the patch and it works fine, perhaps it solves the problem
you are seeing. The patch just changes the order in which the domain is
discovered.

I don't know if the list allows attachments, let's try attaching it, if
that doesn't work, I'll put it in a message.

--
René Berber