Subject: Re: release time

Re: release time

From: René Berber <rene.berber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 02:17:44 -0500

On 6/15/2012 6:37 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, René Berber wrote:
>
>> Attached is a change for the "relative names" issue I posted before.
>>
>> The change is only for Windows native, *untested*, and it only adds
>> the use of the domain so relative names can resolve.
>
> Untested, sure. I don't think it is a good idea for merge code that is
> untested just before a release and possibly never.
>
> Did anyone test this patch and think it is a good idea?

Tested. It works fine where the original didn't.

Test environment: Windows XP sp3, domain defined in Local Area
Connection, TCP/Advanced/DNS:"DNS sufix for this connection".

DNS server: BIND with resolver (lwres) disabled, split view configuration.

Test using the ahost program built as native executable with MinGW gcc
compiler (actually Cygwin's cross compiling to MinGW).

--
René Berber