Subject: Re: resip-ares (was Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem)

Re: resip-ares (was Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem)

From: David Stuart <dstuart_at_counterpath.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:41:26 -0400

They do maintain it, yes..

But it is basically working (but for my problem) so I think there's no
strong ownership of that code.

As a result I am trying to move resip (at least, my copy) to c-ares and
add the necessary IPv6 support where needed. I always favour using
active and maintained projects over trying to maintain everything ourselves.

I think the original reason for the fork could have been IPv6, but don't
quote me on that. c-ares has since added support for IPv6 so I think
there's a chance that we could remove resip-ares for c-ares.

--
David Stuart, CounterPath
Email: dstuart (at) counterpath (dot) com