Subject: Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem

Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem

From: David Stuart <dstuart_at_counterpath.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:40:56 -0400

OK,

I checked out the master from git, thinking it would best to use this
approach instead of working from the snapshot. But, it looks like the
visual C makefile isn't behaving:

C:\gitwork\c-ares>nmake /f Makefile.msvc

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

        "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" /f .\Makefile.msvc CFG=lib-release ALL

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'ares_build.h'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 10.0
\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

So, perhaps I should go back to the snapshot ..

--
David Stuart, CounterPath
Email: dstuart (at) counterpath (dot) com