Subject: Re: ares_reinit patch

Re: ares_reinit patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:57:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Dima Tisnek wrote:

> sorry about code style...
>
> of course there should be an option, I wasn't sure if it should be configure
> opt or run-time opt and I didn't want to go into that, because, well, I'm
> not so good with c-ares yet.

Run-time, no question about it. It seems like something a particular
application should be able to change/customize - and then I also include the
timeout period not just ON/OFF.

> Now that I look at it, my issue was to update dns config in a long-running
> python program, perhaps it would have been easier to hack at pycurl bindings
> instead and supply libcurl with callbacks into python for name resolution
> perhaps.

Well, you're asking on the c-ares list so of course we don't discuss or really
have opinions about other projects here, but I know the maintainer of libcurl
and he would not have liked that layering violation too much...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se