Subject: Re: Parsing error for NAPTR in adig sample...

Re: Parsing error for NAPTR in adig sample...

From: Patrik Thunström <patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:56:09 +0200

  Daniel Stenberg skrev 2010-09-30 00:09:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Patrik Thunström wrote:
>
>> The simple fix for this would be to replace the last
>> "ares_expand_string" to a "ares_expand_name" before the break, inside
>> the "case T_NAPTR" of the "display_rr" function.
>>
>> Would this be sufficient to get the fix into the code base, or would
>> you like me to provide a patch?
>
> I personally would prefer a patch, yes please!

Sure thing!
Patch attached (based against commit
fa0dd472cd647f94d8d1937b44ec87f4964c0b08).

Since we've decided to go ahead using c-ares, we've also implemented a
ares_parse_naptr procedure, along with a new data type to hold the
parsed result, and a few more changes to accomodate the new
parse-function. Would this be of interest to add to the repository, or
is naptr such a obscure type of DNS record that it only would bloat
c-ares without any proper gain?

If any interest, I'll make sure we perform proper testing of it, and
then post a patch for it once it's verified.

Best regards
Patrik Thunström / patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com