Subject: RFC: Attempt to work around AIX's not having sockaddr_storage.ss_family

RFC: Attempt to work around AIX's not having sockaddr_storage.ss_family

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:59:33 -0700

It seems AIX 5.1 doesn't have sockaddr_storage.ss_family. I don't have any
way to test this, but I am hoping the attached patch will fix the problem.

I don't understand the auto-conf stuff well at all, so it could certainly
use some review.

If the owner of the system below can test out this patch, and see if it fixes
the ares build problem, that would be great! Otherwise, I'll push the patch
and see if the auto-build starts working properly (and revert/fix the patch
if it causes more harm than good).

02:23 link 1 --D--AZ---- AIX 5.1 (5100-09) VisualAge xlc 5.0.2 Tor

Thanks,
Ben