Subject: Re: many autobuilds currently broken ...

Re: many autobuilds currently broken ...

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 04:43:06 +0200

Ben,
Am 28.07.2010 21:42, schrieb Ben Greear:
> On 07/28/2010 12:38 PM, Guenter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> just looked at the autobuild stats and found that many builds are
>> currently broken; most of them because of c-ares, but there are also
>> some other builds which have test errors which we should take a look
>> at ...
>
> Is that because of c-ares bugs, or just c-ares isn't configured right
> on those build systems?
>
> Please do post the bugs if you get a chance.
the 1st problem is in ares.h line 320 -> uint32_t usage (and the only in
the whole file)
the 2nd problem is in ares_private.h line 264 -> uint32_t usage (and the
only in the whole file)

I guess that these things are part of your recent patch, or?
If you need to make sure that its 4-byte cant you just do it the same
way with char local_ipv4[4] as you do with char local_ipv6[16], and thus
avoid uint32_t completely?

The other remaining stuff I've not yet investigated, but seems this is
ipv6-related.

Gün.