Subject: How to cancel a single gethostbyname request without canceling any others?

How to cancel a single gethostbyname request without canceling any others?

From: Vitaly Kruglikov <Vitaly.Kruglikov_at_palm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:48:27 -0700

My program starts multiple ares_gethostbyname() requests, but then needs to cancel a specific one (because the corresponding transaction was canceled by user), while letting other requests continue to be processed on the same channel. Is this possible without resorting to multiple channels? I like the efficiency of being able to share the same channel. I didn't find it in the online doc, but would like to know if such a feature may be in the works?

Thank you,

Vitaly