Subject: Re: domain vs. search

Re: domain vs. search

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 18:41:55 +0200

2010/5/31, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> But that means there is still a bug present - the current code makes the
> first instance win, not the last one.

Yep, that's true.

> Kindly see the attached patch.
>
> 0001-Last-not-first-instance-of-domain-or-search-should-w.patch

The patch seems to make c-ares conform to the behavior quoted from
above man page. Other than reading it I have not actually tested it.

>> > The domain and search keywords are mutually exclusive. If more than one
>> > instance of these keywords is present, the last instance will override.

A description for the behavior change this introduces for the CHANGES
file would be nice. And also documenting this behavior, probably at
the end of ares_init.3 or somewhere else.

--
-=[Yang]=-