Subject: Re: Linking against mingw static library: missing CARES_STATICLIB definition?

Re: Linking against mingw static library: missing CARES_STATICLIB definition?

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:19:18 +0200

2010/4/14, Brad Spencer wrote:

> This may or may not apply to Windows in general; I have only tried it
> with mingw cross-compiles built on Linux.

Yes it involves usage of c-ares static library on Windows, no matter
which compiler or build system is used.

> So my question is, is this an oversight? Should CARES_STATICLIB be
> defined somewhere other than ares_config.h? Or am I missing something
> obvious?

If you read 'How to use c-ares static libraries' in README.msvc you'll
understand what's going on immediately. Yes README.msvc is compiler
specific, but the issue you mention involves c-ares static library
usage on Windows. So obviously a patch to improve the docs would be
interesting.

--
-=[Yang]=-