Subject: attempting to port to Symbian

attempting to port to Symbian

From: Frank Mcgeough <fmcgeough_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:29:19 -0500

I have been using libcurl for a while on Symbian with success but one
problem that has occurred occasionally is a hang on gethostbyname. So
I downloaded c-ares (1.7.0) and got it compiling for Symbian (Nokia's
5th edition SDK to be specific). I linked it up and tried to resolve a
host name (http://www.google.com). What I see now is that it doesn't
work and times out.

open_udp_socket succeeds connecting on port 53 (what comes out of the
namser.h file - 13568 in network byte order). Curl_resolv_timeout
returns CURLRESOLV_PENDING. Curl_wait_for_resolv times out.

I'm looking for suggestions that might help in investigating. Is there
a good URL/doc that describes how this is supposed to work?

thanks,
Frank