Subject: Re: Compiling c-ares 1.7.0 on MAC OSX (v10.6 -- Snow Leopard)

Re: Compiling c-ares 1.7.0 on MAC OSX (v10.6 -- Snow Leopard)

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:31:10 +0100

2010/1/13, Dhruva T S wrote:

> Curl is compiling without any problems.
> I used "./configure --enable-ares=/usr/local/lib".
>
> So, curl uses c-ares from "/usr/local/lib".
>
> Is there a way where I can install c-ares in some other location by using
> "./configure --prefix=/home/user1/Desktop/c-ares".

Yep, that's the way to do it. Make sure you start with a clean
subdirectory, as it seems you're doing lots of tests and something
migh have got funny at some point.

configure c-ares with --prefix="/home/user1/Desktop/c-ares"
then make c-ares and install it.

Verify that it is where you thought it would get installed.

If all this is OK, and it should be, there's no c-ares issue here.

> I tried the above, but curl configure searches for c-ares libs in standard
> paths.

I can't believe that, but there's always a possibility ;-)

If that's true then its a libcurl issue, so take it to the appropriate
mailing list and provide all details there.

--
-=[Yang]=-