Subject: Re: PATCH: ares_parse_srv_reply crash fix

Re: PATCH: ares_parse_srv_reply crash fix

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:53:18 +0100

2009/11/23, Larry Lansing wrote:

> Attached is a patch to make c-ares stop crashing when
> ares_parse_srv_reply parses a reply containing non-SRV answers. There
> are still other problems with the SRV code, which I hope to fix in
> subsequent patches.

ares_parse_srv_reply() and ares_parse_txt_reply(), which have never
existed yet in a release version, have undergone big changes relative
to the CVS base version for which you are providing a patch. Even its
API has changed.

I suggest you grab a daily snapshot dated November 24 2009 or later
from http://c-ares.haxx.se/daily-snapshot and verify its new API and
implementation, as this is now supposed to be the stable version which
is about to be released as c-ares 1.7.0.

--
-=[Yang]=-