Subject: ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.5.3

ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.5.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:34:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

I'm happy to announce that I've just packaged, signed, tagged and uploaded the
c-ares 1.5.3 release here: http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/

The release notes are included in the tarball and looks like this:

This is what's new and changed in the c-ares 1.5.3 release:

  o fix adig sample application compilation failure on some systems
  o fix pkg-config reporting of private libraries needed for static linking
  o fallback to gettimeofday when monotonic clock is unavailable at run-time
  o ares_gethostbyname() fallback from AAA to A records with CNAME present
  o allow --enable-largefile and --disable-largefile configurations
  o configure process no longer needs nor checks size of curl_off_t
  o library will now be built with _REENTRANT symbol defined if needed
  o Improved configure detection of number of arguments for getservbyport_r
  o Improved query-ID randomness
  o Validate that DNS response address matches the request address
  o fix acountry sample application compilation failure on some systems

Thanks go to these friendly people for their efforts and contributions:

  Brad House, Yang Tse, Phil Blundell, Tofu Linden, George Neill
  and obviously Daniel Stenberg

Have fun!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se