Subject: solaris/c-ares-1.5.2

solaris/c-ares-1.5.2

From: George Neill <georgen_at_neillnet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:59:14 -0500

Hi all,

  If this is the wrong place to report what I think is a bug, please
direct me to the correct place!

I have ran in to an error compiling c-ares 1.5.2 on solaris 10 with
Sun Studio 12.

*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
source='acountry.c' object='acountry.o' libtool=no \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/bash ./depcomp \
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -c acountry.c
"acountry.c", line 141: undefined symbol: INADDR_NONE
"acountry.c", line 228: undefined symbol: INADDR_NONE
cc: acomp failed for acountry.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `acountry.o'

It was simple enough to get around, but broken out of the box. If a
patch needs to be provided please let me know!

Thanks for the neat library.
George.