Subject: Re: c-ares version when building from CVS

Re: c-ares version when building from CVS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 23:13:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Yang Tse wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> When building c-ares from CVS tree the reported version is not ok in the
> generated libcares.pc file.
>
> Attached patch seems to correct this problem. But I'm not sure if it is
> missing something else actually needed for snapshot or release tarballs.

I think it looks fine (and very curl-like ! :-) so I think it works for both
snapshots and releases.

I do however suspect that your suggested change below cuts out a closing
parenthesis incorrectly:

-`sed -e 's/AC_INIT.*/AC_INIT([c-ares], [$version])/' < configure.ac >
configure.ac.dist`;

--
  / daniel.haxx.se