Subject: Re: bagder: curl/ares CHANGES,1.102,1.103 configure.ac,1.78,1.79 (fwd)

Re: bagder: curl/ares CHANGES,1.102,1.103 configure.ac,1.78,1.79 (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 00:11:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:

> Essentially, AC_PROG_CC_STDC will attempt to use a C standard C99 following
> by C89 (well gnu99 on gcc)

Uhm. I want C89 standard and nothing later. I'd rather have the compiler
enforce -std=c89 so that violations against that standard cause
errors/warnings to help us write portable code.

What's the possible benefit to raise the standard to gnu99 which this seems to
do on my host? Then it even allows (horrible) gnu extensions!

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library