Subject: Re: bagder: curl/ares CHANGES,1.102,1.103 configure.ac,1.78,1.79 (fwd)

Re: bagder: curl/ares CHANGES,1.102,1.103 configure.ac,1.78,1.79 (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 00:01:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:

> "the main thing is that Intel wants its compiler to be 100%
> compatible with gcc so anyone can easily migrate from gcc to icc.

Oh indeed, and for that reason both c-ares abd curl feature magic autoconf
stuff to detect icc.

If we want these autoconf macros used, perhaps we should update
CURL_DETECT_ICC to cut out "-c99" from the compiler options...

> Irregardless... the build error that the build complained about is the fact
> that "u_char" is not defined along with several other defines.

Right, but you can see in the build log from the day before that Yang linked
to, that it worked before we applied this autoconf patch. Possibly because
that didn't enable that warning.

> The build log highlights another warning with c-ares however. ares_process.c
> uses the strcasecmp() function without actually defining it.

Also not warned about in the previous log!

> However the configure script does not check for the presence of strings.h
> and strings.h isn't included in ares_process.c

This is indeed a flaw we should fix!

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library