Subject: ares-fds

ares-fds

From: Naveen Shivanna <naveen.81_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:58:39 +0530

Hi Eino Tuominen,

I had post a mail to c-ares mailing list regarding ares_fds and with u r
reply as below

*> My question is do we have any api in c-ares library to get the
> individual socket fds and pass this to user to wait on. And please *

It sounds like a job for ares_getsock().

Could u please provide an example program to how we can use ares_getsock to
get the individual socket fds and use in our user application, where i am
creating a thread for our stack, instead of the stack creating the thread
i.e we are trying to give an option of user creating a thread and waiting
for the event to select on.

Thanks and Regards

Nagesh