Subject: ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.5.0

ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.5.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:28:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I've just uploaded and GPG-signed the new c-ares 1.5.0 release:

         http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/

This is what's new and changed in the c-ares 1.5.0 release:

  o SONAME bump to a few API and ABI breaking changes:
    - ares_host_callback()
    - ares_nameinfo_callback()
    - ares_parse_a_reply()
    - ares_parse_aaaa_reply()

  o two valgrind reports were silenced
  o ares_save_options() fix
  o do DNS retries even on TCP connections
  o correctly clear sockets from the fd_set in several functions
  o always wait on TCP events to detect connect closures
  o new socket options: ARES_OPT_SOCK_SNDBUF and ARES_OPT_SOCK_RCVBUF
  o made the query callbacks receive the number of timeouts that happened
    during the execution of a query
  o don't skip a server if it's the only one
  o segfault when generating a DNS "Transaction ID" under low memory conditions
  o ares_strerror() segfault fix
  o added copyright texts to a few places that were missing them

Thanks go to these friendly people for their efforts and contributions:

  Vlad Dinulescu, Brad House, Steinar H. Gunderson, Yang Tse

Have fun!

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library