Subject: Re: c-ares performance

Re: c-ares performance

From: chirag patel <chiragpatsie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:55:57 -0400

Hi,

Through my application, I have reached similar figures mentioned by Daniel
in terms of number of queries per second. I am using only one client. For
this rate, I observed some of the queries (1 out of 100000 queries made)
returning null entries to my application. I am using local caching dns
server and all the queries made are for same dns lookup, so I know there is
nothing wrong with my dns server sending null entries. I have also not
ported c-ares yet. I am still using ares-1.1.1 which is the old base for
c-ares-1.4.0 If anybody have observed this problem in ares-1.1.1 please let
me know.

Thanks,
Chirag.