Subject: Re :Regarding the C-ARES ---->recv () thread hangs UP

Re :Regarding the C-ARES ---->recv () thread hangs UP

From: Ashish Sharma <asharma_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2007 14:58:19 -0000

Hi Ujjal Sorry for the late responce; I would like to know that which version of ares are you using.. the base version that you have customised accordinly to your requirements.. Please also check that the UDP sockets that you are using are blocking / non-blocking, that might be causing this one as well..ThanksAshishOn Tue, 8 May 2007 12:54:32 +0530 \"Ujjal Raj\" wrote Hi I am also using the ARES and facing the same problem as stated by ashish in C-ARES forum \"http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/mail/c-ares-archive-2007-03/0002.shtml\" under the subject \"c-ares small bug fix\" recv() gets hanged in ares_process.c .my SetUP is as follows :- OS---&gt; platform REHL4 1. No DNS server is configured in resolv.conf and initi has been modified as requirement for our application .So ares comes up even resolve.conf is empty/not configured . 2. The DNS query are send to LoopBacK address . 3. ICMP message are received from the 127.0.0.1(loopback address). We have also tried the solution proposed in forum \"The probl
em was traced to the function read_udp_packet in the ares_process.c file, when cound udp_socket, read_fds) call before handle_error in the read_udp_packet solves this issue.\" We have added the code FD_CLR(server-&gt;udp_socket, read_fds) before calling handle handle_error where the socket is closed so that it should get cleared before being used by new socket id where the next server is used for the DNS query. Code -----: previous code :- if (count RHEL) ,hence not helpful to debug the problem . Any suggestion regarding these will be helpful. Waiting for your reply. Thanks &amp; Regards ~Ujjal