Subject: Asynchronous lookups from cURL

Asynchronous lookups from cURL

From: Andreas Rieke <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:37:26 +0100

Hi,

using c-ares 1.3.1 with cURL (I tried 7.15.5 and 7.16.0) causes problems
with asynchronous HTTPS transfers under microsoft windows (linux works
fine).

After compiling cURL with the USE_ARES option, I apply the multi
interface for an asynchronous HTTPS transfer (synchronous transfers work
fine, and asynchronous transfers with a numerical IP address work fine,
too). I can see that my application with cURL/c-ares sends a query for
the target name, and I can also see the response from the server
(however, there is no second try if no response comes). However, cURL
does not try to start the transfer although it should now know the peer
IP address.

I use the same code with c-ares 1.2.1 and cURL 7.15.3, and that works
well (even under windows). Are there any changes in c-ares and/or cURL
that could cause the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas