Subject: Re: Pushing out a release?

Re: Pushing out a release?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-06-22

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, William Ahern wrote:

> BTW, in my short time investigating I couldn't figure out exactly how curl
> builds with c-ares. At least, it didn't look like any regression tests
> forced c-ares to be built.
>
> Will it skip building it if another version is installed?

curl builds with c-ares if you run configure with --enable-ares, and it
defaults to check for (and use) it in a subdir to the curl sources.

So, several of the curl autobuilds[*] build and test curl using c-ares, which
is good for at least some basic c-ares verification, but they then always do
that with the c-ares version from CVS and not publicly released versions.
That's why I didn't catch this little problem...

[*] = http://curl.haxx.se/auto/

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library