Subject: Re: Patch for epoll/kqeueue/devpoll-style interaction

Re: Patch for epoll/kqeueue/devpoll-style interaction

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-05-03

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Nick Mathewson wrote:

> Quite all right. Would you mind if, in the mean time, we distributed our
> software with a patched c-ares? (I'm aware that the license permits this,
> but I don't want to do it if it will annoy you.)

No, I think it'll be most good and useful and then you'll at least try out the
patch for real and it'll only make me more interested in actually applying it!

But thanks to your reminding me, I've now committed your patch to CVS. If it
works fine you can get the CVS version as of now. I'll be using this new
callback api myself, and possibly withdraw my previously added _getsock() way
again.

I'll work on a release too soon.

Thanks!

--
          -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-
   ech`echo xiun|tr nu oc|sed 'sx\([s\x]\)\([\xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol