Subject: Project status and myself

Project status and myself

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-02-15

Hi

The recent discussions and patches certainly look very interesting. I am
however starting to think about passing the baton over to someone else who
feels stronger and have slightly more time for c-ares than I do.

My primary focus for getting c-ares going was to get a lib for libcurl and
once that worked, I've had little time and not too much motivation to keep
maintaining and improving c-ares for wider purposes. I think c-ares would
benefit if someone else would step forward and if not take over, at least
join the maintaining/patch merging/releasing duties.

My current work load is high, I try to have life with my family too and I do
spend lots of time in other open source projects. I see how my lack of
attention on c-ares will be a bottle neck.

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library