Subject: Re: get_iphlpapi_dns_info does not get Name Server

Re: get_iphlpapi_dns_info does not get Name Server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-08-18

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Alfredo Tupone wrote:

> This is the first bug entry at sourceforge/c-ares so I wonder if that is
> used at all :(

Ah, thanks for pointing this out. I had forgot to config the bug tracker to
mail this mailing list when a new bug is filed. It should work better next
time!

> in ares_init.c there is a method to get the Name Server by calling
> GetNetworkParams. As specified by MS, you need to call the function, and
> then, if it return the ERROR_BUFFER_OVERFLOW result, you should allocate the
> buffer and call this function again to get this parameters. The current
> c-ares code does not handle the case where the buffer size is just big
> enough, and just quit and go to fallback registry analyzing, when no
> overflow is detected. We have fixed that inside the

This code is different in the current CVS version, see:

http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/ares/ares_init.c?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

To me it looks like your concern already has been addressed. Don't you agree?

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library