Subject: Re: sockaddr_in6 on netware

Re: sockaddr_in6 on netware

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-05-19

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Guenter Knauf wrote:

(added the libcurl mailing list to the CC as I figure this regards both
projects)

> Daniel, making the socket layer switchable for NetWare will probably touch
> every OS, but at least Win32; with other apps I did something like
> #define USE_WINSOCK 1

> and then modified the #ifdef blocks a bit so that I can use mostly the WIN32
> stuff regarding sockets depending on that define.... sorry, but I have for
> longer not looked at these parts of curl closely and dont know how its
> currenty soved - but I guess its with '#ifdef WIN32', just ask me if you
> have/need suggestions and I will take a look, or try a patch....

Sure, that's a working approach I wouldn't mind. It would require that the new
define is used only for the stuff that is winsock-related, as the current
WIN32 is used all over for more windows-related stuff than just winsock.

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library