Subject: Ares 1.2.2 on Mac OS X

Ares 1.2.2 on Mac OS X

From: Heinz Stockinger <Heinz.Stockinger_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: 2005-04-22

Hi Daniel,

I just created a version that builds on Mac OS 10.3:

http://leonardo.pri.univie.ac.at/~heinz/x/c-ares-1.2.2-20050422-heinz.tar.gz

I only needed to change two files:
ares_gethostbyname.c ares_parse_aaaa_reply.c

The fix was simple and I did the same for both files:

PantherServer:~/temp/ares/c-ares-1.2.2-20050422-heinz heinz$ diff
ares_gethostbyname.c ares_gethostbyname.c.original
29,34d28
<
< #ifdef __APPLE__
< #include <nameser8_compat.h>
< #endif
<

It works now for me. The change does not influence the build on Linux so
you may want to add it to your CVS tree. I did the build on a G5 machine.

Cheers,
Heinz